Monday, June 6, 2011

Bisimoto Engineering 800hp Honda Civic Wagon

I wrote this article a while ago but it bears re-posting...
Today, for the first time in my life, I went so fast in a car that I momentarily felt like I was flying upside down. And the car in question, a 1988 Honda Civic Wagon tuned by legendary automotive engineering scientist Bisi Ezerioha, wasn’t even at full boost pressure. As I repeated later during my afternoon spent at Bisimoto Engineering in Ontario, California—this was a moment that will forever live in my personal book of “awesome.”

Bisi Ezerioha is best known for his most recent Honda CR-Z tuning job that premiered at this year’s SEMA event and wowed the crowds with his ability to maintain the functionality of the hybrid powertrain all the while giving the car tremendous performance. For more information on the CR-Z stay tuned for part 2 of this 3 part series on the magic of Bisimoto Engineering.

But first, let’s talk about this bad-ass blue 800-horsepower 1988 Honda Civic Super Blue Kick-Ass Wagon (my name, not Bisimoto’s) that left such a tremendous impression on my psyche. It’s got a killer back story, too. Much like everyone who works at Bisimoto Engineering and everything that they lay their golden fingers on, this inconspicuous Honda Civic Wagon could drag you by your hair, kick dust in your face and then kick your ass from here until Tuesday.


Continue reading on Examiner.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment