Monday, March 5, 2012

Samsung r810c Finesse Review - Straight Talk




The Samsung Finesse r810c was released for Straight Talk Wireless in December, 2009, and created a LOT of buzz among prepaid phone users. At first glimpse, the r810c appears to be everything prepaid users have been dreaming of: it includes a colossal touch veil, high-speed EVDO data connection, music player, 2.0 mp camera, camcorder, bluetooth, and many other features.



To top it all off, this phone is now available on Straight Talk's inexpensive, no-contract plans. At $45 per month, the unlimited calling, text, and data view is magnificent exciting, especially when that data is coming over a 3G connection. For people who, like me, are geeky enough to lust after the iPhone but "frugal" enough to stick to prepaid, this might be the perfect solution.



In fact, I couldn't resist. After reading a few of the initial reviews of the Finesse from other Straight Talk users, I bit the bullet and purchased my hold Samsung r810c, along with a month of unlimited service.



I've objective received the phone, and I'm so enamored with the plan I region up a separate Samsung r810c website to publish my review of the phone and fraction tips and tricks with other Straight Talk users. As I salvage more experience with the Finesse, I'll be putting up a very detailed review of the phone. I'll also do my best to respond any questions that people might have if I happen to miss primary information in my review.



As I said above, I've only had the phone a few days, so I haven't dilapidated it enough to really test it out. Here's what I can state you so far, though - the stammer quality seems adequate, but not extraordinary. I would say it's on par with the Samsung r451c, another Straight Talk phone released earlier this plunge, but not quite as excellent as the LG 290c and 220c, also current models on Straight Talk.



What is beyond compare, though, is the touch mask and EVDO browser. The touch veil definitely takes some getting aged to, but I believe I'll grow to like it. It's similar to an iPhone or iPod touch as far as how the touch shroud works, but unprejudiced a microscopic different in sensitivity.



One thing worth noting here is that, unlike the aforementioned Apple products, the Finesse lacks "multi-touch" functionality. This means that the cover can sense only one "touch" at time, thus preventing exercise of Apple's approved pinch-to-zoom operation. As an iPod touch user, I pick up that a puny disappointing. Beyond that disappointment, though, I like the touch cover. This is the first touch,screen phone I've passe. It's nice to employ, and even nicer to contemplate at it



One thing that I really like is the EVDO internet access. I've had several phones now with internet access, but broken-down them all very microscopic because they were so dreary. That is not the case with the r810c's 3G data. It's certainly not as snappy as broadband internet at your home, but it's mercurial enough that I'd be cheerful to utilize it to pass time while waiting in a waiting room or as a passenger in a vehicle.



unbiased as a point of reference, I was able to load the CNN website in about a tiny, complete with a dozen pictures. On previous prepaid phones, if it loaded at all it would have taken several minutes to load a station like CNN, and that wouldn't have included any pictures at all.



To check my email from my Yahoo! email legend, it took me about 3 minutes to load the position, enter my password, and download my messages. I then reset the home page to yahoo mail, and saved my login info automatically. Now I can score to my modern messages in about 45 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment